You are NOT the only one...

I went back to RDP 8.5, after I was told to use the latest & greatest...

My RDP 8.5 session just locked up and I lost my changes. I think it locked up on trying to view a spool file. Apparently a RUNSQL Statement on a member just locked up...

It did NOT save my changes, and I have no clue why either...

Originally, I tried RDP 8.5 for 30-days, and this is my second try...

Even though it is a pain to reset my work-space, I think I will do that too. RDP 8.5 does NOT seem worth it...

Sadly, some new developers are using RDP 8.5, and when it does CRASH, they will say, this is why we like SEU... I just got two developers to try it out this week. After pestering them forever...

I am going back to RDP 8.0.3 myself. At least that version was stable...

I will have to tell the two NEWBIES, who finally decided to give it a try... To use Version 8.0.3 instead because of all the errors I have encountered on RDP 8.5. Mostly lockup errors. Where I have to KILL it.

And this is after using a new formatted PC with window-7 and 8-gig of memory...

If it isn't stable, it isn't any good. I have plenty of work to do, and glitches like this leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Back to RDP 8.0.3 until Service-Pack-II for RDP 8.5

Even after the restart, it has locked up again!!!

PS. I am guessing it is leaving background jobs running or something. But I do know, and I have work to accomplish and deadlines to meet...

-Ken Killian-
(423) 510-3129