IMNSHO, in RPG, Indicators (with a capital I) refers to a variable having
a true/false or on/off value, which is an element of the *IN array,
regardless of how it is otherwise "mapped" or referred to, as well as
indicators referred to in the "Summary of Indicators" Table 22, Chapter 4
of the V7R1 ILE RPG Language Reference manual. And in my opinion these
should definitely be in the "Indicators" section and only in the
Indicators section of the outline.

Anything other than the above must be defined on the D-spec with an
internal data type of "N". Here, I personally would like to see a
preference as to whether these should appear under "Indicators" or
"Fields" or both. I probably would get along quite nicely having these
only appear under Fields since we already use quite a lot of 1-character
"flags" which are only used to indicate (if you will pardon the
expression) true/false conditions. Why these were not set up with data
type N, I don't know. Maybe it wasn't available at the OS level when the
program was written. But I digress...

Won't you please excuse my frankness...

Karleen Bushard || IBM i Software Devloper || HOM Furniture, Inc ||
763.767.3777 || VM1777 || kbushard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx