From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Xuan Chen
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:43 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Cc: Alan Boxall
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WARNING RDP 8.5 is BUGGY!!

Ken,

For the debugger hanging situation, I am wondering if you can help us to to get the stack trace when the hang occurs.

When the hang occurs, please go to the installation directory of RDp 8.5, for example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP_RDp85
Then go to rdpower directory under it, and run the GenerateStack.bat file.
This is the syntax for running GenerateStack:

GenerateStack.bat "C:\Documents and Settings\user\IBM\rationalsdp \workspace"

(please replace the path in quote with your workspace full path)

And a stack trace file will be written out to the <workspace>\.metadata directory. Please send me the stack trace.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen, Problem Determination Tools for IBM i
(905) 413-3769 T/L 313-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

Eric
Simpson/Toronto/I
BM@IBMCA To
Sent by: Rational Developer for IBM i /
wdsci-l-bounces@m Websphere Development Studio Client
idrange.com for System i & iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
27/09/2012 01:10
PM Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] WARNING RDP 8.5 is
BUGGY!!
Please respond to
Rational
Developer for IBM
i / Websphere
Development
Studio Client
for System i &
iSeries
<wdsci-l@midrange
.com>

Ken,

We are investigating a caching issue which Kurt refers to. It has been a difficult scenario to isolate. If you or anyone else experiencing the problem would be willing to help run with a patch that produces trace information for us please let me know.

If you are experiencing the caching issue, one thing to try is to turn off the preference for the Live RPG Outline and see if that helps the situation. The preference is 'Update the Outline view when text is changed in the editor' on the ILE RPG Parser preference page. Note: you do have to restart the product if you encounter the caching issue to reset.

For the issues with the Screen Designer and debugger, we would really like to help you with these so that the product is improved. The best way is to contact support.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Simpson
Rational Developer for Power Systems Software IBM Software Group - IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: 905-413-3226 (Internal: 313-3226)
Email: esimpson@xxxxxxxxxx

|------------>
| From: |
|------------>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|"Anderson, Kurt" <KAnderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------>
| To: |
|------------>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|09/27/2012 09:46 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|Re: [WDSCI-L] WARNING RDP 8.5 is BUGGY!!

| Sent by: |

|wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have also encountered the "opening old cache" bug, and opened up a PMR.
They are working diligently on it. I'm praying for a fix in the next update.

-Kurt