I was able to download on Friday via the Download Director, Ireland site.
I cut/pasted RD_POWER_V8.5_EIMAGE.zip into C:\IBM RDP85.
I then ran userinst.exe from C:\IBM
RDp85\RD_POWER_V8.5_EIMAGE.zip\disk1\InstallerImage_win32. Yes I know
there is a space in my path. Oh well.
There was an option for 64-bit which I used.
I created a desktop shortcut from my Start menu, fsr it was not created
automatically.
I started RDp and ran Installation Manager from the Help menu, set
repositories to the above EIMAGE file (just in case), and
RDPOWER_8.0_IBMi_Auth_User_Lic_Act_Kit.zip and updated the permanent
license using the .jar file.

I have shortcuts, and separate folders/workspaces/etc., for both V8.0 and
V8.5. I haven't tried it but I'm guessing I could (should) not have both
open simultaneously.

Voila! nothing to it. heh. Hope this helps someone else.

Karleen Bushard || IBM i Software Devloper || HOM Furniture, Inc ||
763.767.3777 || VM1777 || kbushard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx