From: Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, March 14, 2012 9:21:59 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Compare showing sequence number differences

Dave

I generally agree - the SoftLanding one is closer to the CODE tool -
side by side.

Still, this one does ignore the dates, which the "Compare with..." does
not. I wasn't sure which tool anyone was actually referring to. :)

One prob with SL's merge is, all source dates are changed - I wish it'd
preserve those that haven't had a change.

I actually prefer, for source compare or merge, the 54 and 55 options in
PDM - awesome tools - nice split screen for selecting what to merge -
nothing quite like it in RDp. I hear that various merge tools exist with
as much capability, but haven't really seen one for the i.