I am more familiar with debugger...

For debugger, we mention the authority needed to debug a program, starting
debugger router, using SEP in the help in RDp (see below for more details).
Basically, the group profile QPGMR should have enough general authority for
running debugger.

But I am not very sure about the other authorities. My guess is that group
profile QPGMR should be a good start.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************
Authorities required for debugging

The IBM® i user profile that you use to sign on in the workbench IBM i
logon dialog must have the following authorities:
*USE authority to the Start Debug (STRDBG) command.
*USE authority to the End Debug (ENDDBG) command.
*USE authority to the Start Service Job (STRSRVJOB) command.
*USE authority to the End Service Job (ENDSRVJOB) command.
Either *CHANGE authority to the program or Java? class being
debugged, or *USE authority to the program being debugged and
*SERVICE special authority.

If the job that you are debugging is running under a different user profile
than the user profile you use to sign on to the IBM i computer from the
debugger, the user profile that you use to sign on to the IBM i computer
from the debugger must have the following authorities:
*USE authority to the user profile that the job you are debugging is
running under.
*JOBCTL special authority if you do not explicitly use fully
qualified program names (library/program). In other words, if you use
*CURLIB or *LIBL or you do not specify a library name, you need to
have *JOBCTL special authority.

The group profile QPGMR gives you the correct authority to the STRDBG,
ENDDBG, STRSRVJOB, and ENDSRVJOB commands and *JOBCTL special authority.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Regards,

Xuan Chen, Problem Determination Tools for IBM i
(905) 413-3769 T/L 313-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

"Dr. Stefano
Mirenda"
<stefano.mirenda@ To
gmail.com> wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: cc
wdsci-l-bounces@m
idrange.com Subject
[WDSCI-L] iSeries authorizations
for RAd Developer
27/02/2012 06:03
AM

Please respond to
Rational
Developer for IBM
i / Websphere
Development
Studio Client
for System i &
iSeries
<wdsci-l@midrange
.com>

Good moorning to All !

I don't find a list of system authorization to set on a developer profile
that would use a RAd.

I already asked at Rad support for it , but no one answer is sented to me.

Now i can only see the autority failure generated by developer and add the
privilages at the profile.
I don't like this way .

Have someone a document or a list of authorizations divided for work areas
of rad ?

Example :
Authorizations for developer a new pgm ( add member , compile , debug ,
etc)

Authorizations for manage Spool;

Autorizations for send command;

Authorizations for manage jobs;