And RDp is so much more than PDM. It will do everything PDM can and a lot more.

-----Original Message----- From: Porterfield, Sean
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 5:13 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client forSystem i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSCi 7.0 on Windows 7 64-bit

From Michael Quigley

We, too, are still at V5R4M5 because of the licensing issues. There's
some good news on that. Last we checked, our BP can still get the
discounted "conversion" pricing from ADTS license seats to RDP. And
the maintenance on ADTS and all the individual compiler seats is all
included in the standard SWMA--only RDP seats require separate
maintenance. That helps some. I believe we're looking to upgrade
to IBM i 7.1 sometime in the next year or so.

Conversion of licenses is no good. None of us who may use RDP is likely to get through a day without using PDM. The programmers are unlikely to use RDP over SEU the majority of the time, just out of habit. I'm not a programmer here by title, but I do have to review code and sometimes write some.

With the speed of my new computer, though, I think even for a quick browse I'm likely to load WDSC now instead of using SEU. It really depends on where I am (how I'm finding the source to view). Well, maybe not. It was loading faster earlier but took nearly a minute when I tested just now. Closed and opened again in only 7 seconds. Odd.

PDM is more than SEU. RDP is not a reasonable replacement for PDM. It's as simple as that.

I'm also hoping to get an upgrade done at least to 6.1 if not 7.1. It all depends on getting rid of those last few dumb terminals and twinax printers.
--
Sean Porterfield

This email is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately and delete this email message from your computer as any and all unauthorized distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Thank you.