Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Simpson
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 8:07 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] How does RDP Activation/Licensing work?

There are two types of RD Power licenses. They are authorized user licenses and floating user licenses.

Here is the snippet from the license text:
Authorized User

Authorized User is a unit of measure by which the Program can be licensed.
An Authorized User is a unique person who is given access to the Program.
The Program may be installed on any number of computers or servers and each Authorized User may have simultaneous access to any number of instances of the Program at one time. Licensee must obtain separate, dedicated entitlements for each Authorized User given access to the Program in any manner directly or indirectly (for example: via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means. An entitlement for an Authorized User is unique to that Authorized User and may not be shared, nor may it be reassigned other than for the permanent transfer of the Authorized User entitlement to another person.

Floating User

Floating User is a unit of measure by which the Program can be licensed. A Floating User is a person who is accessing the Program at any particular point in time. An Install is an installed copy of the Program on a physical or virtual disk made available to be executed on a computer. The Program may be installed on any number of computers or servers, but if the Floating User simultaneously accesses more than one Install of the Program, the Floating User requires a separate entitlement for each such Install.
Licensee must obtain separate entitlements for each Floating User simultaneously accessing the Program on each Install in any manner directly or indirectly (for example: via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means.

Eric Simpson
Rational Developer for Power Systems Software IBM Software Group - IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: 905-413-3226 (Internal: 313-3226)
Email: esimpson@xxxxxxxxxx

|------------>
| From: |
|------------>
|Bryce Martin <BMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| To: |
|------------>
|Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>
|11/16/2011 09:42 AM |
|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>
|Re: [WDSCI-L] How does RDP Activation/Licensing work? |
|------------>
| Sent by: |
|------------>
|wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx |

I just confirmed with IBM chat support that it is User based Licensing.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

"Tarr, Kenneth" <Kenneth.Tarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/16/2011 09:18 AM
Please respond to
Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] How does RDP Activation/Licensing work?

I believe the licensing works to one license, one machine. So if you try to install it on your home PC, that would be another license. If you have the ability to access your work PC from a remote location, you can access the copy on your work PC and use it from home to avoid tying up two licenses. As to how the licensing actually works, I am not sure of how that works behind the scenes. We have I believe a dozen licenses here and have a couple of individuals who haven't installed it yet so I can't tell you what happens when you hit that wall.

-- Ken