Oddly enough, I am having a problem with RDP V8.0 crashing when I refresh the outline, but have isolated it to a preexisting /COPY book. It seems to be some specific code causing the problem I am having, because I was able to comment out the code (and the lines that referenced it) and suddenly the problem went away. One of these days I'll explore the /COPY book which contains whatever is causing the crash.

I'm wondering if the verify problem you speak of is encountering the same issue. My suggestion is to comment out parts of your program where possible and see if the verify doesn't crash. This may not be easy to do because as you alter the program, you will get errors. But the premise is that, if your verify doesn't crash when a certain section of the program is commented out, look at the last section you commented out and you might find what's causing it.

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt Lavinder
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:24 AM
To: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Performance Issues

I have been having issues with RPD crashing when I refresh outline view or
verify source when working in the iProjects Perspective. I downloaded
7.6.0.2 fix pack and while it did seem to help, it did not entirely fix the
issue. I am still having issues of RDP hanging from time to time,
especially when verifying. The primary culprit is that running a verify or
refreshing the outline view is causing the CPU and memory usage to skyrocket
for this one project.

I have been using the verify feature for a while now and I don't understand
why this has suddenly become and issue. Is there anything I could check on
that might be causing the verify to be so memory and CPU intensive? Maybe
there is a best practice I need to be following or some settings I need to
tweak.

By the way, I have no issues at all when refreshing the outline view from
the Remote System Explorer perspective.