What I posted from the documentation turned out to not be helpful. I could
not figure it out.

I had to Help>Software Updates>Add Site, enter
http://download.eclipse.org/tm/updates/3.2/ (which was my best guess).

Now I can do File>Import>Plug-in Development> Plug-ins and Fragments.

I then I selected:
org.eclipse.rse.examples.tutorial
and
org.eclipse.rse.examples.tutorial.source

Seemed like it worked.

The first folder has an exclamation point in it.

I drilled into the folders and this looks like it is not going to be useful
for what I want to do and I was not sure what to do with it now that it is
installed.

On the other hand, I do remember seeing samples before.

Dug into it a little more and I found com.ibm.lpex.samples.

These look like they will be much more useful for what I am trying to do.

I took the WordsCommand.

The documentation says to enter on the command line:

set commandClass.words com.ibm.lpex.samples.WordsCommand

to set the environment and then enter the command:

words

to launch it.

Worked like a champ!

Think I'm getting closer to figuring this out.

John