From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bryce Martin
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 8:57 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Crashed while saving

I know with WDCS it wasn't recommended to have your workspace on the network due to performance issues. Has that changed? I would recommend that you do exactly as your are planning. Work locally and then save your workspace to another location every so often if you want it backed up on the network.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Kurt Anderson <kurt.anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/17/2011 06:23 PM
Please respond to
Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Crashed while saving

Ended up re-reinstalling. This time cleaning up both RDp & the Installation Manager. Removed all leftover files & folders.

I'm still having an issue, however only with one source now (albeit an important one).

Something I saw him do (calling the program with a parameter o f-clean) "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\eclipse.exe" -product com.ibm.rational.rdpower.product.ide -clean

He also mentioned that a previous save issue I've had and have mentioned on list before where I click save and I get a message saying the source had changed since I opened it is one he's seen before with people who run their workspace on the network. I do that. However I think I won't be doing that anymore. I'll simply copy off the workspace to the network once a week to get it backed up.

I'll keep you posted with any answers I get.

I bet some people who stick to SEU might say, "See what kind of problems you're having?" Well, sure this problem sucks, but I'd rather RDp and this problem than no RDp, that's for sure.

-Kurt