On 2/17/2011 10:27 AM, Mike Wills wrote:

Do I need CODE for anything anymore?

I use Code/400 for several things.

1) I register various Windows file types to open Code as the editor.
This lets me use Windows Explorer to locate and edit files like Python,
Perl, PHP and yes, Java.

2) I am used to the Rexx macro function in Code. When I get a .csv file
from a customer and it has a nasty mix of embedded and not-delimited
quotes I write a Rexx macro to make it right. I often do the same thing
for RPG code. Writing a one-time Rexx macro is far simpler than trying
to write a one-time Java plug-in for this programmer.

I won't be deleting Code/400 until I've found a better all-around editor
that I can bind to a Windows file extension (not an IDE). It's not that
Code is the best available, but it's the best I've become accustomed to :-)
--buck