Could it be that you still have the old program activated? So until you
reclaim an activation group or end the job it doesn't pick up the new
object so the SEP doesn't start up because its refreshed for the new
object?

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

"Maassel, John R." <John_Maassel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/31/2011 04:06 PM
Please respond to
Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] service entry points stop working

I'm having a bit of trouble with service entry points. The host is running
V5R4 and I have RDp 7.6 on my PC, which has Windows 7 32-bit.

So I finish debugging, get the "program terminated" message, and take what
I've learned during the debug and make changes. After recompiling I then
refresh the entry point and run the program. Usually the debugger will
start up on the next run of the program. However, sometimes the system
will not pick up this entry point until after I end the debug server and
restart it. Since I'm normally the only one using RDP it's not a big
hardship at this point, at least until we upgrade the OS.

Anyone else experienced this? Suggestions?

John Maassel
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
3776 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43207