Thanks Sam and Kurt,
I have appended your comments to our User Story 8939 and we will continue
to pursue the process with it.

Edmund Reinhardt
Rational Developer for Power

|------------>
| From: |
|------------>
|"Lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx" <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| To: |
|------------>
|wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>
|01/11/2011 06:43 PM |
|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>
|Re: [WDSCI-L] Find in Outline |
|------------>
| Sent by: |
|------------>
|wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx |

[To recap, high level request is:
"Be able to select a data element name in the source and have a function
to "find in outline"
]

So, from a quick experiment, it highlights the lines that contain the
text with a outlined yellow arrow in the left margin. (WDSC7.0 is what I
have.)

This is definitely new to me.

I do see a couple of drawbacks:

1) I work mostly with the current pane full size. When I do
Search->Text->File it goes back to a window, because it brings up the
Search Pane.

Of course, from the Search Pane you can use the Up and Down yellow
outlines arrows go the previous or next match. And I suppose I could
make the search pane a floating view and keep the editing window maximized.

2) The outline view does show where a field is defined. If it
originated in a file, outline tells me that immediately. This doesn't

Me, I'd like to see you continue to investigate new outline functionality.

What do others think?

Sam