-----Message d'origine-----
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Vern Hamberg

I've been using the Application Diagram and have found it
helpful for jumping into code for a certain point in the code
stream. Trouble is, when I add lines of code, that the line
numbers are incorrect - similar to what happens with the
Outline. There's a Refresh option for the Outline - I've not
seen one for an application diagram. I've not tried reshaping
things in the diagram, just dragging things around to make it
better for my eyes.

So has anyone seen this, and have you found a way to refresh
it? So far all I can do is create a new one, go through
re-arranging, then save it.
Not a good use of time, eh?

No, but your post is a great help to me, Vern, who did not even realise you could jump into source members! I'm sure I'll be using it a lot more from now on. In fact this could be a revolution for us. I just used it on a new program I just wrote. I had a lovely symetrical diagram. Just wait a few months and I bet it won't be as symetrical! But I realised, If we used better procedure naming, we'd be able to see clearly what the application does without reading through pages and pages of code and comments. By that, I mean, I can see AcqPrdClt that calls AcqPrdXxx. Imagine if it said AcquireClientProducts calls ProductIsTypeXxxxxxxxxx? I'd be able to read my program like a book from the application diagram.

Now, I just saved it to an i project, and I've got two files : MyAppDiagram.appmdl and MyAppDiagram.appmdl_diagram.

Why are there two? Can I send the diagram to someone?

Also, I see that I have 2 internal procedures that do dynamic calls to other programs and those programs are indicated. But when a procedure calls an external procedure, that external procedure is not indicated. Although I see its module in the list of modules bound to my program.