From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:19 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i& iSeries
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Combining RBD& RDI

I apologize if this has been asked and answered in the past. I have tried a few
searches, but could not find an answer in the archives.

I have used WSAD/WDSCI since around 2002, but have recently started using the
Rational products. My issue is that I use both Java, Websphere and RPG. When I
used WDSCI it had all the perspectives I use in one application (WDSCI). I was
able to bring up the Java perspective to edit java, Servers perspective to run
and test the java apps on my WAS test servers, and RSE to edit RPG, CL, etc. All in one installed application.

In the new Rational products, I have 2 installs, one allows me to edit my
Java/Websphere, the other to work with RPG. 1 is Rational Business Developer,
the other is Rational Developer for I. My question is, is there one install
available where I have the RSE and Server perspectives available in one
install? I tried a several installs hoping I could get them to work in one, as
I could with WDSI. Can I install all of the perspectives in one application? I
also tried RAD 8.0, but it gave me only the Java/Websphere perspectives, not the
RSE.

Actually, all these products are a bit confusing. RDI, RBD for SOA, RAD,
etc...... can any play together? I just purchased a new System I (Power 5, 6 or
whatever), and purchased RBD for SOS and RDI. I would go back to WDSCI, but was
told that it is no longer supported.

Thank you,
Don Mc.