On 12/22/2010 1:23 PM, Vern Hamberg wrote:

I think you might overstate the problems when you say "the alternative
is not yet ready". There are very many of us, including myself, that
find RDp to be completely adequate and reliable enough, anyhow.
Admittedly, I'm not working in French.

Nor am I. My WDSC is rock stable against IBM i 5.4 whether working on
RPG III or RPG IV. That doesn't help David though. I've encountered
several other people who have had problem after problem with the
tooling, and I honestly don't know what to make of it. I don't discount
his experience. Years ago I tried to get a coworker to try Code/400 and
he had blue screens, lockups, lost source - the gamut. I'd open the
same source, edit, compile and have no problems at all. It was freaky
and I never understood it.

I suspect, and this is the merest guess, that it's because I don't use
any bot of SEU mode. Everything I do is Lpex mode, and has been for
many many years. But that is just a guess.
--buck