Thanks, Edmund for your help.

For editing with LPEX, I have now tried the outline as a fast view, problem it disappears as soon as you use the editor, and a docked view, I like that more but you have to drag it around now and again so you can see stuff underneath.

So starting with RSE perspective, I shut down all views except LPEX and outline and saved it as my LPEX perspective. This I like better, I can switch from my personalised perspective and the original with c+F8.

Would anyone who has a particular way of setting up their workbench in general like to share that information? ie, organisation of perspectives, connections, filter pools, etc.

There seems to be so many ways and I have not yet found a method I'm totally satisfied with. Example : I have too many connections in the rse view for my liking. I try the option "go into" and I forget where I am; the name of the connection doesn't seem to show. I try "open in new window" but the the execution of certain utilities has an annoying tendance to go back to the main (starting) window.

I don't think I've mastered filter pools and filter reference pools. Is it normal that to show a physical file structure in the table view that I have to create a filter for that file if I don't already have one?