Chris,
Thank you very much for bringing these bugs to our attention.
We will reproduce them and enter them into our local defect tracking system
to get them fixed.

Edmund Reinhardt
IBM

|------------>
| From: |
|------------>
|"Hiebert, Chris" <chris.hiebert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| To: |
|------------>
|<WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>
|08/10/2010 06:13 PM |
|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>
|[WDSCI-L] Some issues with RDp Screen Designer |
|------------>
| Sent by: |
|------------>
|wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx |

Has anyone else had these issues or know how to resolve them?

1. When editing a window that is using another window as its definition
is WINDOW(WINDEF) any field you move gets placed on the first line.
a. You can get around this by coping the WINDOW definition to
your window, make changed, and the change it back to the WINDEF when you
are done.

2. When centering text using the "Right-Click, Align, Align to Parent,
Center" feature you must manually adjust your field to the right by one
space to get correct centering.

3. When renaming fields, the program will allow you to rename a field to
be the same as another field in the record format.

4. Sometimes keyboard shortcuts don't function as anticipated. When
viewing source, if your cursor is next to a field name, then the
properties window will display that field. If you press ctrl-F to open
the Find window, some of the Alt- keys are overrode to what is shown in
the properties window, instead of the Find window (i.e. Alt-T in the
LPex Find).

5. Sometimes the "Properties" tab doesn't reflect the currently selected
field or record format. When this happens there is a chance that you
lose some source lines from your display.
a. If that happens you may want to view the source and make
sure
you haven't lost any of the recent changes. If you have then try to use
Ctrl-Z to undo and see if your changes come back.
b. After you have restored your changes with Undo then you
will
want to save your source and reopen the screen.
c. When I had this issue the editor started adding all of my
new
fields at the very top of the source, outside of any record format.
d. This might happen if you are changing the attributes of
multiple fields input/output to output, numeric to character,

I have had to restore a few display files from backups because of lost
source entries. Some of the losses occurred after the display was
compiled.

6. If you are editing a text constant that spans multiple display lines
there is a chance for line truncation.
a. If you select the constant and press F2 to edit it's value
and then press enter, there is a chance that the constant will be
truncated to just a single line.

7. The DSPATR(HI) is shown as green on the design view and White on the
Preview view.

8. When editing the Source, if the changes you make require a lot of
changes to the designs then there is a chance that you could be editing
while the system is attempting to update the designs. This sometimes
causes keyboard shortcuts to occur based on the line the system is
editing, not the line you are editing.
a. i.e. I updated a couple of source fields and then did
Ctrl-S
to save. The system began updating designs. I then position my cursor on
a line and used the command Ctrl-D to duplicate the line. Instead of
duplicating the line I was on the system duplicated the line it was
editing and placed that line where I was editing. The system was
modifying the XML "Views" and I got a line that looks like it would
belong at the bottom of the source.

9. Compiler Option only shows up for screen designer when you are in the
"Source" Lpex editor. To run the compile you must select the option from
the menu bar. The shortcut key for compile will not work when the screen
is loaded in screen designer. You can use the LPex action "action
compile" when in the Lpex source view of an open Screen Designer.

10. When editing using the "Source" Lpex editor, sometimes the editor
becomes unresponsive and your "change count" continues to increment
automatically. Sometimes it takes about 2-5 minutes for the Screen
Designer to return control of the program back to you.
a. When this has happened to me I have found that the source
prior to the changes is identical to the source after the changes. It is
counting something, but the count isn't reflected by changes in source.

11. You can use Shift-MouseLeftclick-drag select multiple fields at
once. This does not, however, allow you to delete multiple fields, or to
copy multiple fields to another record format.

Thanks,
Chris Hiebert
Programmer/Analyst