So I guess it doesn't bother me - go to Installation Manager - be sure to close RDP first - then have it look for the latest - you always do this with WDSC/RDi/RDp.

Regards
Vern

On 9/30/2010 2:05 AM, David FOXWELL wrote:
All, thanks for the help.

Have tried typing the pound sign in lpex saving and viewing in SEU : no problem.
Also, Arco has a different result from me. The fact that I only have the problem when I put the library name in front of the program name suggests a bug rather than ccsid. If do "call mypgm£", I get back the message with mypgm£ in the log.

PC is well above minimum recommendation, but only 1.83GB ram.

Fix pack??? why the hell are IBM giving an unfixed pack as the trial version? When I look I see V 7.6 (7.6.0.20100331_1610) in IBM Installation Manager. Doesn't that mean I have the fixpack 7.6.0.1 ?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Arco Simonse
Envoyé : mercredi 29 septembre 2010 19:21
À : Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development
Studio Client for System i& iSeries
Objet : Re: [WDSCI-L] RDP not working right

Hi David,

Is your pc hardware and memory sufficient? And did you update
your RDP after installation to fixpack 7.6.0.1 ?

I tried your pound token issue, and get the same results as you do:

call mypgm£
Value 'MYPGM£ ' for parameter PGM not a valid name.
Cause . . . . . : Value 'MYPGM£ ' contains characters
that are not
valid in a name or is a single value that was specified as
part of a qualifier. A name must begin with an alphabetic
character followed by alphanumeric characters, or if the
value is a string of characters, it must be enclosed in
quotation marks.

call mylib/mypgm£
Characters in qualifier beginning 'MYPGM£ ' not valid.
Cause . . . . . : The qualifier must be a valid character string, a
numeric or a predefined value.

Best regards,
-Arco