That's weird. I didn't for me. I type 'A' in column 6 then hit tab and it
jumps to column 45. Guess, I'll just cope. I have been doing that for years
anyway.

--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.info

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mike

I've not tried this with DDS, but it works with RPG - there's a setting
in Preferences to control this behavior. Preferences=>Remote
Systems=>Remote Systems LPEX Editor and turn on the check-box for
"Column sensitive editing". OK - just tried it in WDSC 7 - it's in the
same place in RDp 7.6 - and it worked. It is a global setting for the
LPEX Editor, you can't choose to use it just for DDS and not for RPG.

I'm not aware of a way to set your own tabs, as with the TABS command in
SEU, but I've not tried it either. Column-sensitive editing drives me a
little bit crazy, as it stops at every little column along the way - I
usually either move to the line above and use Ctrl-right arrow to locate
to something already there, or cursor over or mouse to it.

OTOH, inserts within columns can be pretty cool - it doesn't move the
stuff in other columns. It's probably fixed by now, but sometimes
Replace all seemed not to work completely right. As I say, I've not used
column-sensitive editing for a long time now.

Maybe there's a way to set a key-stroke to toggle the setting. Otherwise
one can take a few click into Preferences and change as needed. And back
again.

HTH
Vern