BMay@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
FWIW, the lack of support fro 64-bit Windows is not an RDP
limitation, it's actually a limitation of Eclipse (the open source
platform RDP is built on).

Let's clarify something ... when it comes to 64 bit compatibility in Windows (obviously not a problem with i) there are two different issues.

1. Providing a native 64 bit application ... in the case of RDP (and Eclipse, by extension) this would mean using a 64bit JVM and providing compatible native code.

2. Running a 32bit application in a 64bit OS (within a 32bit compatibility layer).

At this point in time it would be more than sufficient to provide option 2.

From what I have been able to tell ... this _SHOULD_ actually work.

When I install RDP 7.6 on a Win7 X64 system it appears to run OK (although I've got another problem that's causing me grief when I update to 7.6.0.1).

Support for 64-bit Windows was added in the Helios (3.6) version that
came out on June 23, 2010. I'm sure as soon as IBM releases a
version on Helios, they will officially support Win7 64.

This is something that should be approached with care & caution ... as changing the Eclipse framework can cause major problems for plug-in developers if there have been any fundamental changes. This bit us big time when IBM switched from Eclipse 3.2 to 3.4.

david