I had a recent conversion with the RD group at IBM.
This is the response to Windows 7, 64-bit running RD for Power.

Regarding your question:

Note:
IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems Software V7.6 is not supported on Microsoft Windows operating systems running on 64-bit processors.

LINK:

The following snipit, is from the above link.

Note:
IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems Software V7.6 is not supported on Microsoft Windows operating systems running on 64-bit processors.
The listed operating systems support all of the languages that are supported by IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems Software V7.6.

Now, that being said, we are also running V7.6 on 64-bit Windows 7..... with no issues.
Have a great day,

Chuck Pitts
Programmer Manager
GMD "Solutions", Inc