Vern,

Actually they are open source (at least here's instructions for
getting the WDSCi v6 source)

http://support.softlanding.com/opensource/site/develop.html

HTH,
Charles

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Steve

I did not think those extensions were open-source - they are freely
available from SoftLanding on their website, and the product name,
description, and vendor (SoftLanding, of course) are all there on the site.

What am I missing? And when did they release them as open-source? Did
they? They are free and may have limited support from SoftLanding - the
extent of that is explained on the site, as I recall.

Ah, I see - on the downloads page they have both these extension and
Subversion under a heading of "open source". I think that's misleading.
None of the further description of the RSE Extensions speaks about being
open-source - the Subversion page does, and points to the Tigris.org
site where it is being maintained as open source.

So I believe the RSE Extensions are NOT open source. They ARE free
downloads courtesy of SoftLanding. The following is taken straight from
their website.

Product name: *RSE Extensions Plug-in
Product description: *This plug-in provides several utilities that make
it easier for you to work entirely within the WebSphere IDE: fast access
to spooled file output; the ability to view and respond to System i
messages; graphical source compare and merge editors for System i code;
the ability to edit data areas and display data queues; and a
perspective that lets you view two source-editing windows simultaneously.
Vendor: SoftLanding Systems (A Division of the UNICOM Group of Companies)

Except that they don't tell you where the open-source repository is -
that makes me believe there is none.

Thanks
Vern