Nothing like spending 15 minutes on an "error" that WDSCi Verify tells me I have when in reality, it compiles fine.
(WDSCi 7.0x, v5r4)

The error is: RNF0571: The second parameter for %LOOKUPxx is not valid.

I think the verifier is having an issue with the fact that I'm doing a lookup on a field that overlays a Data Structure subfield that is a nested data structure (which also happens to be defined like an external data structure).

D ds_CGRDftFields...
D E DS ExtName( EMICgrMstP ) Qualified
D Based( TEMPLATE )

// CGR Default Array
D gCGRCount S 5u 0
D ds_CGRDft DS Qualified
D Dft LikeDS( ds_CGRDftFields ) Dim( 200 )
D CGRKey 6a Overlay( Dft: 1 )

idx = %lookup( CGRKey: ds_CGRDft.CGRKey: 1: gCGRCount );

...I really look forward to the future data structure enhancements that were alluded to at the WMCPA conference.

Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
CustomCall Data Systems