From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 9:23 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Changing job description for compiling

This is my preferred method as well. I've got a command SEL (Set Environment Libraries) and it does the same thing. I have a value CURPROJ that is defaults to whatever is my current project, and if I need to switch I execute the command, usually from the Commands Log view (although right-clicking on the Objects subsystem in RSE and selecting Run Command works as well).

Joe
I have a signon program or whatever it's called hooked onto my user profile.
That program manages my configurations, library lists and stuff (organized
on the sense of a "project" with a notion of "current project"). I have
this program registered in RDi/RDPi as the startup program (for the
connection? Must be because it only does it on this one system). When the
connection starts, the program runs and my "current project" config is
loaded into the server job that serves RDi/RDPi. THis stuff is used for
compiling as far as I've seen. Whether I submit compiles to batch OR run
them inline, they always work with this job setup. When I want to change
it, on the command line on RDi/RDPi, I issue "setproj PAYROLL" for example
and it switches all the job settings. From then on the new settings are
used.

Works well for me, better than managing lots of connections for me.

Stu