Sounds like its time to try a new workspace.

I would not copy the filter or connection folders since you seem to be
having problems in those two areas. Just set them up from scratch.

Try creating a new workspace via the switch workspace function.

Create the connection(s) then any filters. Once done you can import
your exported preferences from the old workspace.

Locations of stuff in WDSC 7.0 (you can modify these via RSE -> iSeries
Objects [right click] -> Work with) function.
User Actions:
workspace]\RemoteSystemConnections\[profile]\UserActions\
Compile Commands:
[workspace]\RemoteSystemConnections\[profile]\CompileCommands\
Type filters:
[workspace]\RemoteSystemConnections\TypeFilters\ (if you added
any). Preferences:
File -> Export... General -> Preferences, not all entries get
exported. If something related to LPEX Editor settings do not appear to
come across then look at
[workspace]\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.lpex\Editor.Properties.

Thanks, Matt