I think I misworded my second paragraph. What I meant to get at is this - try to get RDi. If you don't make the argument for it now, you will likely have to someday, and you might as well reap the benefits from it sooner rather than later.

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kurt Anderson
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 1:43 PM
To: 'Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Rdi from the ground up. OS 6.1.

WDSCi and RDi are mostly the same as far as an end-user is concerned, and where they are not the same, it's minor and easy to adjust to. When I did the RDi trial I didn't have any issues (that I recall) in regard to "How does this work?" Although they may have changed some of the shortcuts.

If you're going to 6.1, and don't ever plan on using 6.1+ enhancements (or relying on the IDE to error-check for you and not spit out errors for 6.1 enhancements that you are using), I would suggest trying to get management to pay for 6.1. In the grand scheme of things, it's not really that much, plus as someone who did a 90-day trial last August, I almost wish I didn't because I miss some of the speed improvements.

-Kurt Anderson