Bryce Martin wrote:
I don't have an initial program for my profile, so couldn't I add that to
the RSE properties for that connection? I just don't know if I can do a
monmsg? I know I can issue the strdbgsrv...

That's a neat idea! Write a CL program for each environemt / connexion
and put it in the Connection properties -> Subsystems, iSeries Commands,
Initial command box. You can do other things too, like setting up a
library list. One could use the same CL program to set up a 5250
environment too:

dcl &rtn *char 900
dcl &devd *char 10
dcl &ip *char 16
dcl &type *char 1

/* Start debug server */
strdbgsvr
monmsg CPFAC00 /* already active */

/* set *LIBL */
addlible xxxxx
monmsg cpf2103 /* already in list */

rtvjoba job(&devd) type(&type)

/* Following commands for interactive sessions only */
if (&type *eq '1') do
/* configure environment for 5799-PTL */
call qsys/qdcrdevd +
(&rtn +
x'0384' +
'DEVD0600' +
&devd +
x'00000000')
chgvar &ip %sst(&rtn 878 15)
strptl &ip
monmsg cpf9898 /* already ran once */

/* find disabled profiles */
dsplog qhst msgid(cpib682)

/* do other stuff for interactive jobs */
chgjob ccsid(037) /* I'm in the US */

/* get to a command line */
call qcmd
enddo