From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Chamara Withanachchi
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:27 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Cannot Start Debugging

Hi,

I was trying to debug from my WDSCi but when i Start the debug server
(STRRSESVR NAME(DR)) from my 5250 screen it's giving following message.

Error connecting to Remote Systems Explorer

Message ID . . . . . . : RSE2001 Severity . . . . . . . : 30

Message type . . . . . : Information

Date sent . . . . . . : 22/12/09 Time sent . . . . . . :
13:24:58

Message . . . . : Error connecting to Remote Systems Explorer

Cause . . . . . : The STRRSESVR command could not create a TCP/IP
connection
to the Remote Systems Explorer (RSE) at remote location 10.10.16.199
on
port
4300. Possible causes: The iSeries RSE communications daemon has not
been

started on the client. The remote location name is not a correct
TCP/IP

hostname or address. The iSeries RSE communications daemon is
listening
on
a different port number. Start the iSeries communication daemon and
verify

that the remote location name and port are valid.

My RSE communication port is set to 4300. and I can do compilations from
WDSCi

Please guide me what I'm missing and what is my mistake.