Just tried that Ctrl + 2 & Ctrl + 0 tip and that's sweet!

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Buck
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:35 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] bookmarks

David FOXWELL wrote:
-----Message d'origine-----
De : wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Bob P. Roche

I'll admit I don't use the bookmarks. So Maybe I'm confused.
I thought they were just pace holders to make it easy to move
around your code

But when you copy and paste.

1. Highlight stuff to be copied.
2. Use alt-c or choose copy from some menu option. this puts
the highlighted text to a windows clipboard to store for later use.
3. Go to where you want to past in the code you copied. If
you highlight a selection it will be replaced by the code on
the clipboard 3. Use alt-v or past from a menu selection.
4, Repeat as needed.

Thanks Bob, Alt-l and Alt-c have been my friends since learning how to
use WDSc V5.
I have a problem with your step number 3: Go to where you want

I'm working on an RPG member with 18000 lines and I have modifications
to make in several sub-procedures. When I analysed the code, I put
bookmarks in thinking that would help. At each line of modified code, I
have to enter a standard line indicating the beginning of the
modification and another for the end. So, during modification which was
rather simple, I wanted to insert my modifications then copy the
standard line and go to the next bookmark for the next modification.
This highlights the bookmark line so alt-c no longer works.

I've tried using code snippets for the standard line, but found that a
bit tedious as I have to change the date and project numbers in the
snippet each time.

I'll try ctrl -C and ctrl -V but that means selecting the right
column. Just thought there might be a neat way.

I don't think there is a wrong way to go about this task but there are
different ways to do it. I think what Bob is missing is that you are
using a rectangular select. At least that's what I think is happening.
On my WDSC 7.0, ALT-C is mapped to block copy or some such thing. I
almost never use block copy for what you're doing. That doesn't make
either of us wrong - it means we have different preferences.

A different way to update separated sections of code is to open multiple
copies for editing. Press CTRL-2 (not F2, the number 2) to open a
second and third, etc. window. Use one window as the copy 'source' and
paste in the other windows. When done, use CTRL-0 to close the extra
windows. What is very neat about this is that updates made in one
window are reflected in all the other windows as well.

Having dual monitors helps a lot with this sort of view!

I myself use either a template which can prompt you for certain
information or CTRL-C/CTRL-V. It is always interesting for me to hear
how others accomplish a task in WDSC. Thanks!
--buck