Thanks Larry
I will take up your kind offer for off-line contact.

Thanks to everyone.
I will wait till we are on the latest release/s and give it another go.

In the meantine I will continue with the setup of the modular code.

I am not sure if midrange has a list to discuss how to optimally code for
RPG interactive programs (subfiles and such).
I am trying to develop a standard method to code such and I believe I am
close to a workable process.
I am possibly reinventing wheels and if so am happy to be educated in the
proper way.
Is there a list I can use for this discussion, if not on midrange then
elsewhere.

I think RPG400-l is mainly for RPG specific qustions, am I wrong.

Regards
Frank Kolmann

Hi Frank,
<snip>
I have in fact got management to pay up $2K (AUS$) per seat.
This will be rolled out with the upgrade to V6R1, scheduled for
Feb next year.
</snip>

We are running V5R4 and used WDSCi 7.0 up to a couple of months ago. We
then stumped up the cash for RDi 7.5. A >couple of weeks ago we locked down
PDM and SEU. Only SDA is available. All of our developers now exclusively
use RDi
with the Aldon plug-in and X-Analysis.

Got to say, we didn't pay anywhere near $2K (AUS$) per seat for our
licences and we are based in Brisbane, Australia.

We have had no major problems using SQL in WDSCi 7.0 or RDi 7.5. We use SQL
all the time. We use Tables and Views
in queries. We also write and use a lot of UDFs - no dramas at all. I would
certainly suggest you check your PTF levels and
download the trial version of RDi 7.5. My opinion? Forget WDSCi (at any
level) - retrieving, installing and using WDSCi V7.0
is a waste of time for you if you are going V7.5 anyway) Just get the
latest RDi trial version. What will WDSCi 7.0 tell you if it
doesn't work with that? You still don't know if it will work with RDi 7.5 -
the one you will be using into the future.

Even if you continue to have issues with your SQL, I believe RDi 7.5 is a
fabulous IDE, and sssssooooo much faster than
WDSCi 7.0. you will definitely see productivity gains.
If you would like to go through this with me then please contact me
off-list and I will call you on Monday. We can then go >through the PTF
levels on both our machines to see what you may be missing. But without a
shadow of a doubt - dump >WDSCi 6.0. You can't realistically expect take-up
from your guys using that as your IDE showcase.
Cheers
Larry Ducie