Bryce Martin wrote:

Before I think about opening up a PMR or something with IBM (as if it
would matter now for WDSC 7.0.0.8) I thought I'd fish this on the list.

When I try to start the debug server from RSE I get the error "ISeries
Debug Server function already active."
The detail says "Only one copy of the iSeries Debug Server function may be
active at a time."

When I started the debug server from RSE it wasn't already started. But
what I noticed is that down at the bottom where WDSC tells you what it is
doing I see this...

Running STRDBGSVR STRDBGSVR

Yep, that's right. Its double issuing the command...
Anybody see this before? Any fix?

As far as I know, 7.0 is still being supported.

I normally do a STRDBGSVR in my initial sign on CL program so I don't
have to be bothered remembering to start it via RSE so I had to refresh
my memory. I used RSE to navigate to my iSeries Objects subsystem,
right clicked, Remote Servers, Debug. Since my debug server is started,
it has 'Start' greyed out.

If I choose 'Stop', the server ends normally. I look at the
notification in the iSeries Commands Log view and see ENDDBGSVR.

If I then choose 'Start', the server starts as expected. I can't
inadvertently double click on 'Start' The Commands Log shows just the
single STRDBGSVR command. I do note that I do not see the word Running,
so I'm probably not looking at the same thing you are.

Works OK on my 7.0.0.8. Try the Windows cure-all: reboot.
--buck

ps I did a search through the files in the Program Files/IBM/SDP70
directory but could not see a reference to STRDBGSVR so I'm not sure
where that's stored. Also didn't notice anything in Windows,
Preferences that might indicate a way to duplicate the command.