From: Joe Pluta

Porterfield, Sean wrote:
From: Joe Pluta

Search featuer alone pays for the price of the tool. But that's just me.

What's the search feature you mentioned twice in this thread that's so great? Find within a source member or something else?

Search in RDi is fantastic. You can search a member, a file, or a
library, you can search multiple files across multiple libraries,
you can use wildcards, you can even create your own filters which
select arbitrary members and then scan against that. Think of it
as PDM option on ultra-steroids.

New for RDi or in WDSCi too? I've never had a search return in WDSCi. I've often had the message that it was taking too long and did I want to continue, but that's it.

She would not be happy to be forced into using a
bloated PC package when SEU loads in less than a second.)

I hear this complaint over and over. I don't see it because I always have it open.
I open RDi when I reboot my PC and leave it up, sometimes for weeks at a time.
That being said, I don't consider it a tool for system operators (or auditors).

Programming is not my real job here, so I have no reason to use WDSCi at all many days or even weeks at a time. The color coding and screen real-estate is more important to me than the minute or two or whatever it is that day that it takes to load. Unless I were doing a one character change in a program I knew intimately, I would load WDSCi and shun SEU. If I didn't have WDSCi loaded and just wanted to browse a CL program, I'd use SEU. If I have WDSCi loaded already, I would use that.

To go along with that, if one of the programmers asks me something about an RPG program , I'll load WDSCi to follow along in the discussion. It just makes it so much easier to understand a program I've never seen.

I will also say I was thrilled when the version 6 light came out, since 5 (and the full 6) were so ungodly slow. Version 7 is usable, but I'd obviously prefer it to be faster.
--
Sean Porterfield

This email is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately and delete this email message from your computer as any and all unauthorized distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Thank you.