Don't see process jvm. There was a javaw.exe while WDSC was up, but
that went away when WDSC closed.
--Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:02 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Cc: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx; wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC v7.0 LPEX rapidly flashing between multiple
source members

when you close WDSC did you go into task manager and kill the jvm
process?
try that and see if you get the same results on restart. (the jvm will

startup again when you restart WDSC.)

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

From:
"Koester, Michael" <mkoester@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
<WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
08/11/2009 08:57 AM
Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC v7.0 LPEX rapidly flashing between multiple source
members
Sent by:
wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Tommy.

I closed each source member and closed WDSC, then launched WDSC, and
opened two DDS source members. Opening the second caused the rapid
alternating.

New (possibly relevant) info: I opened an RPGLE source (as a third
source member), and all was right with the world. I opened another dds
source, and that caused alternate flashing between that DDS and the
RPGLE source. When I open another RPGLE member, the alternating ceases,
and I can focus and edit any open member. Strange enough? My coworker
can open any of the offending dds sources on his machine without
anything mis-behaving (apparently I'm special).

I have major aversions to uninstall/reinstall because of all the trash
it leaves behind, losing set-up preferences, losing a day's work, etc.

Thought maybe someone else might also have same poltergeists lurking in
their machines.

--Michael

at first glance...Vista!!! but on the serious side...after you start
experiencing this have you >killed WDSC (and the jvm) and tried
restarting WDSC? if the problem still crops up after a >restart then it
may be time to reinstall WDSC and reapply all patches. do you
experience this >with other Java/Eclipse based apps?

Thanks,

Tommy Holden

When I open a second (or sometimes third) source member from RSE into
LPEX, the tabbed sources >>alternately get focus, giving an entertaining
but otherwise useless flashing effect as each gets >>its sub-second
turn.

That is, one member displays, then the other, and back and forth
several times per second. If I >>open a third or fourth, they all
alternately flash. I can't get just one to hold focus.

Has anyone else been plagued by this? And found a solid remedy?

This does not happen all the time, but seems to be a more frequent
occurrence lately. Yesterday >>it seemed to stabilize by itself after I
opened another member that did not cause the alternate >>flashing
behavior, and things were fine for the rest of the day. Today it's
back. Not a lot of >>conflicting apps running at the time: Client
Access, Outlook, Excel.

I use WDSCi Version: 7.0.0, Build id: 20070202_0030 on a Dell Vostro
1700, running Vista >>Business 6.0 SP2. As much as I'd like to go to
RDi, it's not in this year's budget, so I'm >>stuck with what I've got.
Does not appear to be a connectivity issue, as a coworker does not >>get
this on his similarly connected/configured set-up.

Michael Koester