It's been a while, but transferring physical files (*PF), I do not think can be done without using a savefile (*SAVF) container object for transport.

Source members (as noted) are a simple copy/paste from one source physical file to another..

I used to frequently transfer PTF savefiles between servers using WDSC. I don't have the product in front of me, but I used the IFS (File System) subsystem/folder in WDSC , I believe, and went into QSYS.LIB down to the library I wanted to transfer from/to with the savefile. The only gotcha is that it can be slow for big savefiles. WDSC would copy the savefile from the 1st iSeries server down to the local PC cache, then push it out to the 2nd iSeries server (so it took twice as long as directly between the 2 iSeries servers). If you don't clear your PC cache though, a copy to an additional iSeries server was smart enough to use the cached item, and not do the double transfer.

And I thought you could right click on a library within WDSC and specify to save it to a savefile. I do remember getting a RSTLIB window prompt within WDSC for where I wanted to place the object on the target system (regarding if I wanted to keep the same library name or specify a new target name)..