Kurt,

Let me see if I can clear this up.

At 6.1 of IBM i there are three separately billable features of WDS:

* ILE Compilers (RPG, COBOL, C, C++)
* Heritage Compilers (OPM, S36 & S38 compatibility compilers)
* ADTS (SEU, PDM, SDA, RDA, DFU, etc)

If you are on current i5/OS SWMA at the time of the upgrade you are entitled
to the number of user licenses (see table below) based on the SW tier level
of your machine. Please note that user licenses is a "named user" license.
This means one person per machine (not LPAR but physical machine) is
licensed to use the products. Here is the entitlement table. So if you have
two machines, a developer will need a license for each machince.

This may be found in the product announcement letter.

Slide 1 P05
10
P10
15
P20
25
P30
40
P40
60
P50
80
P60
100

RDI is not included in the upgrade entitlements. The discount that has been
referred to is the "ADTS Trade-up". You must first upgrade to WDS at IBM i
6.1 so that you have "named user" licenses to trade up. You cannot
"trade-up" form V5R4 (5722-WDS).

Regarding WDSC Advanced Edition, you get RDi, RBD (Rational Business
Developer -- EGL) and RAD (Rational Application Developer) if you have a
WDSC/AE support contract. Please note that the upgrades were processed
automatically so all you have to do is go on-line and look at your
entitlements in Passport Advantage (or ask your partner to look) then order
media or download the apps.