To: "Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 1:33 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Application Diagram View --- Suggestion forRPGto havesomething like JAVADOC for subproceduresandsubroutines andmodules etc

ILEDocs is definitly not dead. But having some more projects on the list makes it difficult to steadily work on it.

Currently ILEDocs on Sourceforge parses comments but does not take procedure prototypes into account. Some time ago I worked on a similar project and was now able to release it under an open source licence. I plan on merging it with the ILEDocs Sourceforge project (which will take some time). It is far from finished but shows already some results.

http://www.rpgnextgen.com/index.php?content=iledocs

Example: http://www.rpgnextgen.com/downloads/llist-docs.html

But I think that is not what the thread starter wanted.

Though it would be nice to have some docs for programs and procedures attached to the prototypes and have it on-the-fly in RDi and hopefully without having to manually refresh the outline every time which really sucks. So we can have the docs of the program/procedure if we hover over the program/procedure in code and if we use code completion.

Just some thoughts.

Mihael