To: "Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Survey of RDi users related to Source Code management

The details are...
We made a copy of STRPDM and changed the program the command calls and the first thing you see is a screen from our app asking if you want to check out the source or just look at it. If you want to change it you have to enter what you plan on doing (aka project number) and then our app makes a backup copy of the current source just by doing a CPYF (we keep 9 previous versions) to a different QRPGSRC file. Who has it checked out is then recorded in a database. If someone else tries to open the source they are told that the code is checked out and by whom and for what reason. When the programmer checks the source back in it is implemented.