To: <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:59 PM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Survey of RDi users related to Source Code management

Due to budget constraints, we wrote our own extension on SEU that would flag source code as being changed and who had it checked out and automatically make backup copies of source when it was checked out. We also do some reporting off the data collected during the check in/out process for how many apps were changed over some time period. Not a full change management system along the lines of Aldon but sufficient for our small shop. We have not made the move to RDi yet, partially because these SEU extensions we added will not work in RDi. If you are using RDi, what source code management tools are you using or have you looked at? Would it even be possible to write our own extensions to RDi that could do the same as we currently do in SEU?