Buck wrote:
When I hit Ctrl-f and press F1 for help, then 'Regular Expression
Patterns' brings up Javadoc for java.util.regex. Not surprising, but
not helpful either.

Hmmm ... I get the help for the findText* command. I'm at 7.0.0.4, XP SP3. I suspect that Ctrl-F is still just a frontend to the findText command at 7.0.0.8, but I can't confirm.

If you eventually learn differently, please let me know. I'd love to have that functionality!

I think you might be able to make it work by operating directly on the cached files in your workspace using some text editor with more complete regex support.

* http://127.0.0.1:53747/help/ntopic/com.ibm.lpex.doc.user/ref/rlcfndtx.htm#regularExpression
This link likely won't work directly. Use F1 in the LPEX editor to launch a web browser, then use the http://127.0.0.1:xxxxx/ part and tack on the rest.