Is this useful?

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rdi/learn.html

"Download a free trial version of IBM® Rational® Developer for i™ V7.5, which provides a complete development environment for traditional IBM i application development."

"This trial has all features enabled.

Download the trial <http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rdi/?S_TACT=105AGX28&S_CMP=DLMAIN> for an evaluation period of 60 days."

Gary Monnier wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a simple question that IBM doesn't seem to be able to answer. Does
anyone know if RDi can be installed on a PC that is never connected to a remote system and still be fully functional as far as writing
RPG, CL, C/C++ and COBOL are concerned?

-- Gary