Buck,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide more information. I followed
your instructions and see the following in the referenced installed.xml file
(only a portion of entire XML file):

<location id='IBM Software Development Platform' kind='product'
path='C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70'>
<property name='eclipseLocation' value='C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70'/>
<property name='eclipseContext' value='com.ibm.sdp.eclipse.ide'/>
<property name='cic.selector.nl' value='en'/>
<property name='sdp.jre.sr3early' value='C:\Program
Files\IBM\SDP70\jdk\jre\bin\javaw.exe'/>
<package kind='offering' name='IBM® WebSphere® Development Studio Client
for iSeries® ' id='com.ibm.offering.wdsc' version='7.0.0.20090225_1508'>
<property name='cic.info.name' value='IBM® WebSphere® Development
Studio Client for iSeries® '/>
<property name='cic.info.version' value='7.0.0.8'/>
<property name='default.profile' value='IBM Software Development
Platform'/>
<property name='default.location.win32'
value='${specialFolder:PROGRAM_FILES}\IBM\SDP70'/>
<property name='default.location.win32.vista'
value='${specialFolder:PROGRAM_FILES}_IBM\SDP70'/>
<property name='default.commonlocation.win32'
value='${specialFolder:PROGRAM_FILES}\IBM\SDP70Shared'/>
<property name='default.commonlocation.win32.vista'
value='${specialFolder:PROGRAM_FILES}_IBM\SDP70Shared'/>
<property name='localeLanguages'
value='cs,de,en,es,fr,hu,it,ja,ko,pl,pt_BR,ru,zh,zh_TW,zh_HK'/>

So that does not quite match what you had in yours but it does say 7.0.0.8
in the cic.info.version. Seems that an update should update the about box.

Thanks,
Ron