I wonder what the actual screen real estate measurements are in comparison
between two 19" widescreens and a single 25" widescreen. Something tells
me that they would almost be pretty darn close.... Its just a matter of
how you like to organize your work. I personally sit on a chair that
swivels so I will swivel myself a few degrees to look at whatever screen
i'm working on usually. Plus, I have them both slightly angled toward my
keyboard so its less movement from side to side.

I'm sure if you jumped up to a 27" you could match the real estate. I
dream of dual 22" monitors. dream..... hmmmmm

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
Ext. 4777

"Shannon ODonnell" <sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/14/2009 10:56 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Justify 2nd Display

I'll agree with Aaron that the larger monitor is easier on the neck than
trying to swivel between two monitors. I have a 24" monitor that has a LOT
of real estate on it so I can see a lot of windows at once if I choose, or
just one really large session.

However...I also like the MaxVista software David recommended because I
have
my laptop sitting on the side of my desk and it's nice to be able to drag
things to it once in awhile.

So...if you are going to management (those faceless devils who control the
purse-strings-of-progress!) for money for new equipment...ask for new
laptops for everyone (they are pretty darn inexpensive now for a basic
laptop often under $500...comparable to a quality monitor almost) and a
license to MaxVista (I didn't see anything in their pricing about needing
buy multiple licenses for multiple laptops and it's only $29.95). Then
you
get the benefit of a second monitor plus the benefit of having a second
computer on your desk.

And if you can also replace some of those smaller monitors with a larger
one...