Hey Aaron,
I'm running Ubuntu at home for almost everything. I still dual boot my
one machine so that I can watch Netflix online, so there are of course a
few limitations yet. My question is, what are you using for your RPG IDE?
Is it possible to run any of IBM's offerings on Linux? Is there one that
does run on Linux? Have you tried it through wine? I'm strangely curious
as my deepest darkest secret wishes are to see companies move to Linux and
use open source software because it will save them tons of money and break
up the good 'ole boys club of software vendors that charge outrageous fees
for simple things.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
Ext. 4777

Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/08/2009 07:49 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC V7 Turbo Boost

Now just imagine how fast your desktop would be without ANY anti-virus
slowing it down. Welcome to the world of Ubuntu Linux:
http://www.ubuntu.com

I have been trying out Linux on my desktop for about the past year now
and
while it does have it's issues (the kind that can only surface after a
years worth of use) I must say that I love the fact I have my CPU back
just being used by my processes and NOT by anti-virus (which seems to
run
extensively for most communications and operations I perform on my
Windows
PC).

Just a plug for anybody else that might want to try out the next
generation of desktop computing :-)

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com