Eclipse changes soooo incredibly much from each release to the next that IMO it isn't worth the pain (and much lost time) to even attempt such an en devour because you have to rely on all the stars (and their versions) being in just the right orbit. I guess every time I have tried similar things to what you are suggesting I always lose the battle and end up just having separate environments. After awhile I have learned to just Alt+Tab my way from one Eclipse install to the next (actively running three right now: WDSC, MyEcilpseIDE, RPGNextGen).

Obviously that doesn't help you much except to maybe save you the effort of trying it.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

Brian Leathem wrote:
Hello all,

Has anyone tried installing MyEclipse on top of RDi- as a way of getting an integrated RPG and Java development environment without paying the big RAD dollars? I'd be interested in
hearing any experience you have had with this, or even your thoughts on whether it would work.

Brian Leathem