Sharon skrev:

Good morning all, I am learning the DB2 Extender by myself at my company and need some help.

have supplied DTD's from our new Vendor and am trying to enable a
collection with the DAD file I created to break out and pull in data. I have created test files to house this data until we know what data
will go where.

When I try to enable the collection the return message is giving back this message:

DXXQ047E Parser error on line 10 column 12: Expected an attribute name
Here is some of the supplied DTD, the entire chunk of data comes in a DataArea, then is broken out:

<!ELEMENT SRSReturn (DataArea)>
<!ATTLIST SRSReturn version CDATA #FIXED "1.0">
<!ELEMENT
DataArea
(storeNumber?,transDate?,localTransactionNumber?,centralTransactionNumber?,Status?,AssociateID?,refundPolicy?,TotalCredit?,ConversionCredit?,Customer?,Item*,ReturnPaymentInfo*,
ReturnMsg?) >
<!ELEMENT storeNumber (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT transDate (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT localTransactionNumber (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT centralTransactionNumber (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT Status (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT AssociateID (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT refundPolicy (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT TotalCredit (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT ConversionCredit (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT Customer (CustomerID?,FirstName?,LastName?) >

Here is some of my DAD:

And the SRSReturns.dtd is the above file?

If
someone could please tell me what I am missing and why, have been
agonizing over Redbooks for weeks, need to move along with this very
soon. Any help would be appreciated.

Please provide a complete DTD and a complete DAD file showing the behaviour. I suspect that the <!ELEMENT line must have its name right after instead of on the next line but it is hard to say with snippets.