Randy,

If your SBMJOB command specifies HOLD(*JOBD), see if you can set up a job
description in your *CURLIB (assuming it's not the same as for the
production SBMJOB) and specify HOLD(*YES) on the job description.
Otherwise you have to alter the SBMJOB to get the job submitted
HOLD(*YES).

Then you can select 'iSeries: Debug Job' from the 'Debug...' in the debug
perspective (that sure sounds redundant). On the launch configuration,
specify the submitted job-name, the job-user, and '*' for the job. (This
will find any jobs on hold for the specified job-user and job-name.)
Properly specify the program name and check the appropriate boxes for
'Step into', 'Terminate debug session on completion', and 'Update
production files'. Your job will automatically be released and when the
program specified is reached, it will come up in your debug perspective.

This is not as convenient as SEPs, but I like it a *LOT* better than green
screen debugging.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International