Michael,

When you an update (or insert or delete), there is no result set. Most databases do return the number of rows affected but not the actual rows.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Rosinger
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 2:14 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] more questions on QuantumDB plug-in

List,

Some more questions on QuantumDB plug-in if someone could help....

1) When you execute an UPDATE statement, all you get in the log is "Success:
result set displayed". But there is no result set displayed?

2) Is there a way to get Quantum to display SQLCA data in the log after each
statement executed? I tried setting logging level to "Debug" that didn't
help. For an UPDATE statement, for example, I would like to see how many
rows were affected.

3) Ditto if I executed an INSERT statement with a SELECT sub-query as input.

4) I've seen situations where the Recent SQL Statements list does not get
refreshed. Even right-clicking on it and choosing "Refresh" didn't help. I
had to disconnect/reconnect the bookmark to get the newer statements to show
up.

--
Regards,

Michael Rosinger