From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:01 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Save an instance of open editors with a perspective

I frequently find myself working on a bunch of different projects at
once in WDSC. This leads to A LOT of open LPEX and other editors which
can make my screen quite busy. I am wondering if anybody has found a
way to save the state of a group of open editors to refer to at a later
date? Almost like how multiple virtual desktops on a Linux/Windows
machine works where you can go to another desktop on the same machine
and get a clear "Start bar"
without any apps open on it, but if you got back to the previous desktop
you can see that the applications are still there and running.

For instance, it would be great if I had twelve LPEX sessions open on a
project, and if another project came down the pipe that I needed to work
on briefly, if I could save those twelve editor sessions to a separate
area out of view (no pun) so I could work on the other project and open
up editors on a clean workspace.

Things I have thought of that I don't consider solutions:
- Save Perspective As - this only saves the organization of the Views
within a Perspective.
- Have separate workspaces - this requires I keep two workspaces up to
date with the same connections and preferences
- Have two instances of WDSC open at once - this would just eat up too
much memory on my machine (maybe it is time I upgraded to RDi?)

Thoughts?
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com